Tuesday, April 22, 2014

I'm Back!

Guess who is back? Did you guys miss me? Big news- I am writing a book! Lots of people have told me I am a great writer and should get something published- but I am not great at persistence and finishing things.

Good news, though! I have decided to go through with it and write a short novel. I've done some deep digging and realized that even though I love sci-fi, I don't want to write it. I love being inspiring. I love inspiring people to do amazing things. So, I am writing a cute little story from the view of a ten year old girl.

So far I have written the first two chapters, so I think it is going well :) My goal is to finish the book by August, near the start of next school year. I don't know if the book is going to be published- not sure if it is going to be that good yet. If it is, maybe in a few years you guys will hear an update from me that it is getting published.

That is a lot of buts and a lot of maybes. However, as much as I tell people to go after their dreams, I figured I might as well follow my own advice. So, if you have a passion for writing, do it! I recently went to a panel for writers at ComiCon, and the author said: "Write what you want to write, not what the public wants you to write. When you are done, if the public doesn't want your type of book and you can't get it published, put it in a drawer and pull it out later in a few years and try again. Whatever you do, don't give up."

These are wise words, my friends. So this is me, following my passion. Doing what I've always wanted to do, being who I want to be.

And if, someday, all my dreams come true, and I become a writer, I will definitely give you all an autographed copy of my novel.

You guys are amazing. Seriously. Thank you so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you, I hope your story goes well! When you get further into it, you should post a little sneak-peek for all of us :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...