Friday, October 11, 2013

First Blog Award



Wow, so I was nominated for my FIRST BLOG AWARD! This is huge, guys! I would like to say a HUGE thank you to Rose at Desert Rose Reviews. Her blog is amazing. You should definitely follow her! So, what is this award? It is called the Liebster Award.

Basically, it is just an award for new and/or fun blogs. I was so excited to receive this award! For those bloggers that I nominate, here are the rules:

- Link back the blogger that tagged you.

- Answer the questions of the one who tagged you.

- Nominate ten other blogs/bloggers.

- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate.

- Let your nominees know of their awards and tag backs.

 
My Answers



1. What inspired you to create your blog?
 
I love reading and writing and doing things on the Internet. So, of course, I thought, why not just combine ALL three? Yes, I know, absolutely brilliant. :)


 2. How long have you been blogging?
Before I had this blog, I had another blog called Good Young Adult Books. It's gone now, but I did that blog for about two years and have done this one for about one.

 3. What is your favorite book genre?
Wow, that's a tough one. I suppose it is mostly sci-fi action books, mainly dystopia. I like books who offer new ideas instead of completely copying other authors.

4. Do you have a favorite book?  If so, what is it?
Oh sparkles. That's like asking a mother to pick her favorite child. I love SO many books, including The Selection by Kiera Cass, After the Fear by Rosanne Rivers, and The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, but I would have to say my favorite book is definitely Divergent by Veronica Roth. I just love how she describes her action scenes, and how the romance between Four and Tris is not a typical "boy is so romantic, girl gushes over him" sort of thing.

5. Do you have a favorite author?  If so, who?
I don't really have a favorite author. I really like Rick Riordan and Gail Carson Levine.
 
6. Do you have a favorite book character?  If so, who/what?
I really love Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth. Unlike Bella Swan (no offense to Twilight lovers) Tris has backbone and ambitions. She fights for what's right, makes good choices, and is selfless, brave, and daring. She has fears, but does her best to overcome them. She is kind to others, but also worries for her own safety. She isn't worried about being pretty or fitting in, and she isn't afraid to voice her thoughts. I also love her relationship with Four (like I said in question 4) because she isn't worried about what he thinks about her all the time, and the imperfectness of their relationship makes it more real. She is just an amazing character.
 
7. Do you remember the book that sparked your love of books?  If so, what book was it?
Wow, that's hard. I think it was Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I was fascinated by the fantasy and magic in it, because I really do not like nonfiction that much. I wondered if other books were that fascinating, and so I kept reading, and by fifth grade I was reading at a college level. :) Not to brag or anything, though.

8. What is your favorite film adaptation of a book?
Ooh, great question. I really liked the Hobbit, because that is the only movie in the whole world (in my opinion) that is better than the book. I thought (Hobbit lovers don't hate me, please!) that the Hobbit had SUCH good action parts, and the author didn't write them very well or prolong them for as long as I wanted. The movie, however, was AWESOME! If you haven't seen it, I definitely recommend watching it.
 
9. Hardcover, paperback or eBook?
Oh, I do know this answer, without an absolute doubt!!!!! I love hardbacks. For some reason, the nicer, harder cover makes me feel better than a flimsy paperback. I would much rather have a hardback than a paperback, for no really logical reason. (Of course it's the most expensive out of the three.) I have a Kindle, but I like having physical copies more because it is so much easier to go back to my favorite parts of the book. Also, I can loan physical copies to people.

10. What are 3 things you enjoy doing, besides reading or blogging?

1. Listening to music/singing. I will admit that I do not have the prettiest voice in the entire world. I'm more of a "jam out into a spoon or hairbrush" type of person. I bother the neighbors quite often. I probably listen to music 98% of the time. In fact, right now I am listening to Fine by Me by Andy Grammer. I love country music and pop music. My favorite artists are Taylor Swift (more of her older songs), Luke Bryan, Randy Houser, Maroon 5, and Owl City. And a heck of a lot more.

2. Watching movies. Most people know that I am SO in love with action movies. Name a movie that isn't Rated R (I'm a Mormon) that you think fits into the action movie catergory and I have probably seen it. My favorite movie is Iron Man 3. I've also seen Avengers, all the Batman movies, old and new; all the Iron Mans, Xmen, and Mission Impossibles, Thor, The Hobbit, Green Lantern, Superman, and the Amazing Spiderman, as well as the old Spiderman movies. That was probably a run-on sentence, sorry. Well, just to name a few. My only other favorite kind of movies are MUSICALS! (Mama Mia, Hairspray, Westside Story, Singing In the Rain, Meet Me In Saint Louis, Newsies, etc.) I don't really like chick-flicks, but I do love Pride and Prejudice and Titanic.

3. Watching sports and playing (most of them.) My favorite sport is football. :)

Blogs I Nominated:
 
 
 
My Questions for those awesome bloggers:
1. Have you ever heard a song that you thought described a book perfectly? If so, what book was it and what was the song?
 
2. If you could have any power or ability from a book character, what would the power or ability be and which character is that from?
 
3. Why, in your opinion, are books so much better than movies?
 
4. What is your favorite dessert or candy?
 
5. What is the closest casting choice (in a book to film) to how you imagined that character?
 
6. What is the most unique book you have ever read?
 
7. What is the coolest character name you have ever encountered in a book?
 
8. What is your all-time favorite book quote and what book was it from?
 
9. What is a scene from a book that you wish the author would have done completely different? How would you have written that scene?
 
10. What is the craziest dream or nightmare that you've had? (Try to describe the crazy details.)
 
 
 


10 comments:

  1. Congrats Sarah :-). You should check out my comment on one of your posts back in September ;) http://enchantedbyabook.blogspot.ca/2013/09/book-title-house-of-secrets-author.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! For some reason I was never notified of that comment! Thanks, and I will answer your questions ASAP. I apologize profusely for that!!!! I am a terrible blogger. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh your still a great blogger Sarah :-) no ones perfect and its easy to miss things from time to time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and thanks for the nomination! I'd like to post my answers sometime soon. We'll see how that goes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sarah!!!!!:D I can't wait to write up my post(:
    Your awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Cambrie! I love your blog so much!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sarah, thanks so much for the nomination, and a big congratulations on yours!

    The answers to your brilliant questions are on my blog via the link below. I enjoyed answering them!
    http://21stcenturyonceuponatime.blogspot.com/2013/10/nominated-for-liebster-award.html

    Best wishes and happy reading!
    BN101

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for answering my questions! Your blog is amazing so of course I had to nominate you :)
      Love,
      Sarah

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...