Monday, July 15, 2013

Perfect Scoundrels

Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)Book Title: Perfect Scoundrels
Author: Ally Carter
Number of Pages: 328
Genres: Mystery, Romance, Heists
Books like it: Cross my Heart Hope to Spy

My favorite quote:
 “He's better-looking then the last vagabond I had to take in," Eddie said, standing and carrying empty bowls to the sink. "I'll give him that."
The insult slid off of Bobby like water. "So, you know, kid, according to thief culture, if you're going to court Kat, you now owe me two dozen goats."
"It's a dozen," Eddie corrected.
"Yeah, but Kat's worth two," Hamish said with a wink.
Through it all, Hale said nothing. Then, finally, he smiled. "I'm afraid I'm all out of goats at the moment, but I've got some ruby cuff links you can have."
"No." Bobby shook his head. "It's goats or nothing."
"Sorry, Kat." Hale shrugged, disappointed. "It was fun while it lasted."
"Don't look at me." Kat threw up her hands. "I'm officially ignoring all of you.”  

Brief Synopsis from Goodreads:

Katarina Bishop and W.W. Hale the fifth were born to lead completely different lives: Kat comes from a long, proud line of loveable criminal masterminds, while Hale is the scion of one of the most seemingly perfect dynasties in the world. If their families have one thing in common, it's that they both know how to stay under the radar while getting-or stealing-whatever they want. No matter the risk, the Bishops can always be counted on, but in Hale's family, all bets are off when money is on the line. When Hale unexpectedly inherits his grandmother's billion dollar corporation, he quickly learns that there's no place for Kat and their old heists in his new role. But Kat won't let him go that easily, especially after she gets tipped off that his grandmother's will might have been altered in an elaborate con to steal the company's fortune. So instead of being the heir-this time, Hale might be the mark. Forced to keep a level head as she and her crew fight for one of their own, Kat comes up with an ambitious and far-reaching plan that only the Bishop family would dare attempt. To pull it off, Kat is prepared to do the impossible, but first, she has to decide if she's willing to save her boyfriend's company if it means losing the boy.

My Summary:

First Reaction to the book:

description

All I'm going to say is, this CANNOT be the last book in the series. It can't be! Not with all the things that were left UNEXPLAINED- including one thing that I really wanted to know. The worst part about this book is that- well, maybe I should explain it first. One night in the middle of a job, Hale leaves Kat hanging- and I mean literally hanging- and just leaves without an explanation. He won't answer her calls, and, under further investigation, Kat learns that Hale's grandmother, the one and only person in his family actually close to him, has died. And so Kat sneaks into the funeral, trying to be a good girlfriend, and what does she find out there?

1. Hale's nickname is Scooter.
2. There is another girl in Hale's life, named Natalie, who is really pretty, and- it breaks my heart to say this- was the only person Hale noticed when Kat was standing right next to her.



That is so NOT COOL. Anyway. The will of his grandmother is read, and Hale finds out he is now the one and only owner of the billion dollar company. Which makes his really mean family even hate him more. But when Kat finds something, she realizes that the will that was read is a complete fake. She must choose between two things, disappointing Hale or telling him the truth.
She choses to lie.
Bad move.
Now Kat and her team must hurry quickly to find out, WHY does someone want to give a sixteen year old a billion dollar company, why would someone replace the will, and why does the death of Hale's grandmother seem sort of suspicious?

To tell you the truth, the heist in this book was not my favorite, but, we did learn a lot more about Hale, who, may I use a picture from another review on Goodreads:



IS ON THE COVER!!!!

Anyway, if you want Hale plus Kat, I must tell you something.... your heart will be broken and then beating faster, and then breaking even harder. WHAHA! And now I kind of realize I am just blabbing now so I will shut up if you read the book! It is not the best book in the entire series, in my opinion, Heist Society is my favorite book in the series. As for a fourth book, it has not been exactly confirmed yet, but, because of the fact that *clamps hand over mouth* MUFFLING, grunting. *Sarah, shut up! You'll spoil it * I think she will definitely have to make another book.

Until then, Hale.... I'm waiting.



That's kind of weird cause he's a guy... oh well.


Pros: This book was very fast-paced, never a dull moment. There was a lot of heartbreaking. I know, you're like, Sarah, why is that on the pros section? Heartbreaking is a great thing in a book, it keeps you intensely in sync with the characters.... okay yes I sound stupid. I probably should blame it on the sugar high. Plus this book had a lot of Hale... which is always great. You know what? I'm gonna stop while I am ahead.
Cons: I think this book concentrated so much on Hale that the heist in this book was.... not good. I didn't like it. And as for a book four, we are currently waiting for that news. I have to say that this was my least favorite book in the series. And no, I am not conning you in the cons section :)
Cautions for Parents: Like I said before, Carter's books are always clean.
Review:  3.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...