Sunday, May 19, 2013

Cross My Heart Hope to Spy

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)Book Title: Cross my Heart Hope to Spy
Author: Ally Carter
Genre: Spying, Romance
Books like it: Heist Society
My favorite quote:
 "So I hear we get to go to town this weekend. Want to catch a movie or something?
--Z
P.S. That is, if Jimmy doesn't mind.

Translation: This weekend might be a good chance for us to see each other outside our school in a social environment, free of competetiton. I do not view other boys as threats, and I enjoy making them seem insignificant by calling them the wrong names. (Translation by Macey McHenry)”

Brief Synopsis from Goodreads:

Cammie Morgan is back, and it's clear that her life hasn't calmed down since the events of I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. At first, giddy anticipation is in the air. Gallagher Academy, Cammie's elite spy school, is hosting a visit from a covert training center for boys. Soon after the boys' arrival, though, everything goes dangerously awry when a series of security breaches are discovered at the academy. Worse yet, teenage agent-in-training Cammie is being blamed for the penetration. With the school's top-secret status at risk, the Gallagher Girls have to work quickly to save their beloved school.



My Summary:
Our favorite spy girl, Cammie Morgan, is back and she is ready for action. After the big bomb dropped in I'd Tell You I Love You but Then I'd Have to Kill You (which you can read the review here) that Josh could not longer be with Cammie, I have to admit I thought the series would only crash downward from there.
Do not think like me.
Cammie has another boy dilemma: There is a boy spy school coming to collaborate with theirs in doing missions and spying. Cammie thought her boy problems were over and done, ha! No, because here comes the handsome Zach to sneakily and surely steal her heart. And even worse than boy problems, the school keeps having alarms go off because the security is breached, and because of the incident last summer, Cammie is being blamed. Can she clear her name and protect her school? And can she trust the secretive and suspicious boys who have invaded her home?

Pros: I have to admit that when I finished the first book in this series, I was really mad. I mean, I love Josh and after what happened? GRR! But as it turns out, I actually really, really, like Zach. He is handsome, sneaky, and secretive. Plus, he is a spy, so even though their relationship might not be trustworthy at times, Cammie needs to be with him because they are PERFECT for eachother, HELLO!

Cons: Why do I always have zero problems with books? I'm trying hard to be a better book critic, I swear. No. I don't swear, sorry. I promise.

Review: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...